Quality Comfort provides full-service mini split repair for only professionally installed ductless systems from the following brands: Mitsubishi, LG, Bryant, Carrier and Daikin. We are also an LG Excellence Certified Contractor. If you are having an issue with a DIY installed brand of mini split, such as MRCOOL, we encourage you to contact the manufacturer as the first step to repairing your system.
Common issues with ductless mini splits
- Improperly installed refrigerant lines, or refrigerant leaks in the connections between the indoor and outdoor unit(s).
- Loose or broken communication or power wires. Rodent damage to the electrical lines between the outdoor and indoor units
- Electrical interference from other electrical appliances like florescent lighting and the lack of properly shielded communication lines
- Condensation leaks, or indoor units that are not installed level and result in water leaking from an indoor unit.
- Dirty filters in indoor equipment
- Dirty outdoor coils or snow and ice accumulation on the outdoor unit preventing the unit from operating properly.
Most Common Reasons Your Mini Split Isn’t Working
- Poor installation – not all HVAC contractors have the necessary experience to know how to install a mini split properly and mini splits are a project that many homeowners also attempt to DIY due to the numerous direct to consumer brands on the market.
- Failed control board – there are control boards on the outside unit as well as the inside unit. Occasionally these may go bad and need replaced.
- Refrigerant leak
- Dirty coil or blower
- Dirty filters
If you are experiencing any of these issues, or you just want us to perform maintenance on your mini split, give us a call or book online. Our Cincinnati based factory-trained heating technicians will help you resolve any issues you might be experiencing with your mini-split heat pump.