As temperatures rise, so do our energy bills. At Quality Comfort we do everything we can to make sure our customers are comfortable at the most affordable price possible. By upgrading your existing equipment to higher efficiency, you will automatically save more on your cooling operating costs, but there are some other ways to save as well.
- Get a tune-up on your air conditioner if you haven’t already. This is one of the easiest, and most important, ways to save on your summer energy bills. A clogged air filter can use 15% more energy, according to the Department of Energy. This is one of the first things we will check during regular maintenance or if you are having an airflow issue.
- Turn your thermostat up. Some studies have found that each degree a thermostat is set above 75 degrees could save 10 – 15% in energy costs. A programmable thermostat can be especially helpful to adjust your temperature up while you are away then program it to have the house cooled back down by the time you get home. We suggest a temperature of 78 degrees while you are home and 80 degrees on while you are away to achieve the greatest savings.
- Use ceiling fans or portable fans.
- Keep the blinds down. Sunlight will heat your rooms up quickly, so blocking the rays can help make sure the inside temperature remains comfortable without having to turn your AC down.
- Avoid using the stove and oven. Try to cook outside, eat chilled foods, or use the microwave instead. This will reduce the amount of indoor heat in your home on an already hot day.
If you need to schedule service or repair, call us at 513-620-4822 or book online 24/7.